Tuesday 19 September 2006

HD: More 1080p TVs from Fujitsu, Sony, Hitachi, Sharp, Toshiba

I've been trying to keep up with HDBeat's coverage of The Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) Expo - admittedly not something I'd heard of before - where there has been tons of HD stuff announced.

Your best bet is to head on over to HDBeat for all the details but from what I can tell, some of the best stuff announced (TV-wise) is as follows:

Of course, these are all US focused announcements but even since my last post on 1080p TVs in July, there are quite a few available in the UK now by the above manufacturers.

Personally, I like the look of the Toshibas and Sonys.

Update: Found the 42" Sharp LC42XD1E on the UK site, looks very nice. The screen has a 4ms response time as well. I think it's the same model as referred to above in the US. Also, having looked into the Toshiba WLT66 series LCDs currently available in the UK, I don't think they can accept a 1080p signal, even though they have 1920 x 1080 resolution. So the Sharp is my new favourite!

No comments: